There are four attributes of an Online Poker Champion.

You must have a set game plan.

All champions of online poker have a plan. They know the game very well and they have a game plan on how to play. Many people ask why do I need a game plan? Playing poker is not a simple game even though on the outside it does look simple. Game plans or strategies as they are often called make you the player unexploitable. You are not playing against regular players when you are playing against champions. Each one has a game plan as well and they will be trying to exploit your game plan so your plan just has to be as unexploitable as possible. Simple game plans are not good enough. If you do not have a game plan get online and locate some. There will be many game plans for you your game and I suggest that you find one that is sophisticated enough that you can trust

You must be able to read the board well.

Reading the board looks simple on the outside but reading the board really comes out with understanding the opponents and his tendencies. The board along with these tendencies will make you a winner or loser in most cases. Let’s say an opponent is tight and a 2 3 5 hit the flop. You must ask yourself will this player have this board. Many regular players just do not consider the hands the opponent has in relation to the board. This must be done for every hand and every change of card and it must be done very quickly. You must reasonably project the hands that the opponent could be betting or calling with in your mind so that you can play the opponent properly.

You must be able to Judge and Adapt to Opponents.

Most players know about the opponents and many articles tell you about what to do if he is loose, tight and aggressive. Now we get to the nuts and bolts of being a champion poker player. You must know not who is tight, aggressive or loose. You must know whether they are capable of bluffing in this situation, would they bluff in this situation and how often they bluff in this situation. Like wise you must know how often they have the hand in the current situation or will they fold the hand if you play pressuring them to fold. This game is like a fine game of Tennis. Most players will hit the flop only about 30 percent. What happens with the other 70 percent of the hand is the key to being a champion. Pressure at the right time and knowing when you are beat are the tools of the a champion, not how loose, tight or aggressive a plays.

When you first start to think like a top player then you try to play a like a top champion you will make mistakes. The pressure you use to play opponents will be chosen at the wrong time. You will fail on a large percentage of your pressure plays. You will also fail on a large percentage of you reading and calling plays when they bluff. But you have to just keep trying till you too can say yes I have made it I am a super player like you see online. Do you really think that tight players can make Champion status. Very few of any have ever made it because they get to much pressure and fold too often. A simple call by them rather than raising costs them thousands of dollars yearly. Online poker is tough but if you plan to play with the big boys you have to learn how to adapt to the opponents.

You must make fewer mistakes then all opponents.

In the heat of the battle of online poker whether you play on Full Tilt, Poker Stars or Absolute Poker the game comes down to the players that make the fewest mistakes. When we analyze players who are truly great we see a few things. The absolutely hate to make mistakes. With all the power and aggression they use they make a lot few mistakes then their opponents. Many top Vegas players often talk about they make seven mistakes a day. Some are really good they make five mistakes a day. Yes we are talking and eight hour session here.

Playing poker online is the same but at a lot higher speed. When you make a mistake you slow down you big bets per one hundred hands. If you make many mistakes you have no earn. Yes a mistake can be as simple as folding big pots to often and it is one of the biggest mistakes. That is why before I told you many tight players cannot make it as Champion online players.

Article Source: